[openstack-dev] [oslo][monasca] Can we uncap python-kafka ?

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Fri Dec 2 07:22:56 UTC 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 03:19:26PM +1100, Tony Breeds wrote:
>On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 07:57:37AM +0100, Mehdi Abaakouk wrote:
>I think the solution is pretty simple. Just Fix it.  I'm not saying it's easy
>but it is *simple*.  We're a group of skilled individuals We have several ways
>forward which just haven't been done in the last 8 months.  Waiting doesn't seem
>to be a viable course anymore.

I agree the solution is *simple*.

>From my POV this really feels more like a social problem then a technical one.
>I'd like to remind everyone with a technical stake in this that it's OpenStack
>First, Project Team Second[1].  The thing that's best for OpenStack is for the
>oslo.mesaging and monasca teams to come together and find a path forward.  It's
>really great that this thread has started that process!

No they are no social issue here, I always tried to fix other projects
issues even they are not in my area of expertise when I want to go
forward. But I'm realistic, I can only do this only if the invest and
the time it requires is not too big. And to fix (by code) that one, this
is just too high for me, sorry.

Cheers,
--
Mehdi Abaakouk