[openstack-dev] [all][massively distributed][architecture]Coordination between actions/WGs

joehuang joehuang at huawei.com
Fri Aug 26 01:38:54 UTC 2016

Hello, Ed,

Just as Peter mentioned,  "BT's NFV use cases e.g. vCPE, vCDN, vEPC, vIMS, MEC, IoT, where we will have compute highly distributed around the network (from thousands to millions of sites) ".  vCPE is only one use case, but not all. And the hardware facility to run "vCDN, vEPC, vIMS, MEC" is not in set-box or single hardware, even in current non-cloud way, it includes lots of blades, rack servers, chasises, or racks.

A whitepaper was just created "Accelerating NFV Delivery with OpenStack" https://www.openstack.org/telecoms-and-nfv/

So it's part of a cloud architecture, the challenge is how OpenStack to run "regardless of size" and in "massively distributed" manner.

Best Regards
Chaoyi Huang (joehuang)