[openstack-dev] [tripleo] release reminder

Steven Hardy shardy at redhat.com
Thu Aug 25 12:55:27 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 23, 2016 at 11:17:16AM -0400, Emilien Macchi wrote:
> This is a quick release update:
>
> - We're currently R-6, "Final release for non-client libraries".
> - Next week will be R-5, "Feature freeze" and "newton-3 milestone".
> We'll proceed to a TripleO b3 release. If you need FFE, please submit
> it using ML.

Thanks for the update Emilien - I've been out for a few days but am now
back and will try to get things ready so that we can release newton-3 next
week.

Currently there are a lot of features still incomplete (some just need
reviews):

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+milestone/newton-3

I expect there will be some FFE's, and I'll follow up with a separate
thread about it, but please can everyone prioritize reviewing those
features so that we can close as many as possible for n-3.

> - Official Newton release for TripleO will be Oct 17-21 week (2 weeks
> trailing release).

Yes, although note we may release earlier than 2 weeks if we're ready (main
constraint here is we can't release before the puppet modules declare their
final release).

> If you need more informations about Newton release management, please look:
> https://releases.openstack.org/newton/schedule.html
>
> Also, Doug is currently working on Ocata release schedule, please have a look:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/357214/ (you'll notice the release
> cadence is a bit different).
>
> Thanks,

Thanks!