[openstack-dev] [TripleO][UI] Port number for frontend app

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Wed Aug 24 10:52:05 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 24, 2016 at 12:18 PM, Dmitry Tantsur <dtantsur at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 08/22/2016 08:08 AM, Honza Pokorny wrote:
>>
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> We've been using port 3000 for the GUI during development and testing.
>> Now that we're working on packaging and shipping our code, we're
>> wondering if port 3000 is still the best choice.
>>
>> Would 3000 conflict with any other services?  Is there a better option?
>

> I think the best option is to run it as wsgi in the same Apache instance as
> e.g. Horizon (and I guess Keystone and other services in the future as
> well), just with a different leading path. Not sure how doable it is though.

I am sure that that is the Correct Way to do it. We don't want another
process listening on a different port after we've put all this effort
into getting everything in WSGI. Is that doable in the time we have
remaining?

--Hugh

  ,       ,    | Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com
  )-_"""_-(    | Director of Engineering, OpenStack Management
 ./ o\ /o \.   | TripleO: Install, configure, and scale OpenStack.
. \__/ \__/ .  | http://rdoproject.org, http://tripleo.org
... - - - ...  | "I know that you believe you understand what you
 .   - -   .   | think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what
  `-.....-´    | you heard is not what I meant." --Robert McCloskey
 "TripleOwl"