[openstack-dev] [neutron] Update port status to error from l2 agent

Edan David edand at mellanox.com
Mon Aug 22 06:48:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

It seems today that the ml2 rpc API only supports reporting that a port is up\down,
There may be situations when the l2 agent can fail,
For example SR-IOV agent can report failure when configuring a port on the wrong physnet.
In these cases we should how would one report port failed status with the rpc messages?
Should we add a new rpc call?
Also it's not clear to me why the documentation in the plugins/ml2/rpc.py file
States that the method 'update_device_down'  function is: "Device no longer exists on agent", when it stets the port status to down in admin_state_down.