[openstack-dev] [kolla] future of Debian images

Christian Berendt berendt at betacloud-solutions.de
Tue Aug 23 21:24:04 UTC 2016

Hello everybody.

With this mail I want to propose the deprecation and removal of Debian images from the Kolla project.

* On the gates we only test the build of binary images for the following distributions: centos,  oraclelinux, ubuntu-trusty, ubuntu-xenial (https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/jenkins/jobs/projects.yaml#L5485-L5510)

* The most Dockerfile templates do not handle Debian for binary images (only 37 templates handle base_distro type debian, 108 templates handle base_distro type ubuntu)

Christian.

--
Christian Berendt
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)

Mail: berendt at betacloud-solutions.de
Web: https://www.betacloud-solutions.de

Betacloud Solutions GmbH
Teckstrasse 62 / 70190 Stuttgart / Deutschland

Geschäftsführer: Christian Berendt
Unternehmenssitz: Stuttgart
Amtsgericht: Stuttgart, HRB 756139