[openstack-dev] [murano][glare] Should we make glare jobs voting

Kirill Zaitsev kzaitsev at mirantis.com
Tue Aug 23 12:19:04 UTC 2016

With 3d milestone and feature freeze just behind the corner and all the talks about glare moving to a separate repo/project — I’m wondering if we should make our glare-integration jobs voting?

Our gate-tempest-dsvm-murano-glare-backend is pretty stable at this point and has helped us find at least 1 legitimate bug in glare integration, while our 3d-party CI glare jobs are still not running the tests properly and require a bit more love before turning them on.
At the same time I’m looking forward to moving to glare api v1.0 and this would mean these jobs would have to be re-worked, the moment we switch.

So right now I’m slightly inclined to leave the jobs non-voting and make them voting as soon as we switch to glare v1. This would require some discipline with not merging the patches, that break glare integration, but would save us the hassle of turning the job up and down. But I would also like to ask for teams opinion on the matter.

--
Kirill Zaitsev
Murano Project Tech Lead