[openstack-dev] [QA] Running Tempest tests for a customized cloud

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Aug 19 01:15:51 UTC 2016

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 12:27:29AM +0000, Elancheran Subramanian wrote:
> Hello Punal,
> We do support both V2 and V3, that’s just a example I’ve stated BTW. We do have our own integration tests which are pretty much covers all our integration points with openstack. But we would like to leverage the tempest while doing our upstream merge for openstack components in CI.
>
> I believe the tests support the include list, how can I exclude test? Any pointer would be a great help.

It depends on the test runner you're using. The tempest run command supports
several methods of excluding tests:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tempest/run.html#test-selection

If you use ostestr it offers the same options that tempest run offers:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/os-testr/ostestr.html#test-selection

If you're using testr plain it can take a regex filter that will run any tests
that match regex filter:

http://testrepository.readthedocs.io/en/latest/MANUAL.html#running-tests

You can also use a negative lookahead in the regex to exclude something. This
is how tempest's tox jobs skip slow tests in the normal gate run jobs:

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tempest/tree/tox.ini#n80

Other test runners have similar selection mechanisms.

-Matt Treinish