[openstack-dev] [QA] Running Tempest tests for a customized cloud

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Fri Aug 19 01:07:55 UTC 2016

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 10:40:07PM +0000, Elancheran Subramanian wrote:
> Hello There,
> I’m currently playing with using Tempest as our integration tests for our internal and external clouds, facing some issues with api which are not supported in our cloud. For ex, listing domains isn’t supported for any user, due to this V3 Identity tests are failing. So I would like to know what’s the best practice? Like fix those tests, and apply those fix as patch? Or just exclude those tests?

It really depends on the configuration of your cloud. It could be a bug in
tempest or it could be a tempest configuration issue. You also could have
configured your cloud in a way that is invalid and breaks API end user
expectations from tempest's POV. It's hard to say without out knowing the
specifics of your deployment.

I'd start with filing a bug with more details. You can file a bug here:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest

If it's a valid tempest bug then submitting a patch to fix the bug in tempest is
the best path forward.

-Matt Treinish