[openstack-dev] [packaging-deb] - status of packaging directly within the OpenStack infra ?

Saverio Proto zioproto at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 12:44:47 UTC 2016

Hello,

I just subscribed this list, usually I am on the operators list.

I have been reading the archives of this list:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2016-June/097947.html

I am more than happy to hear that packages will be built in the
Openstack infra. Are we going to be able to have packages built
automatically for every gerrit review?

As far as I understood every operator has his own procedures to build
packages for debian ubuntu, when an emergency patch is needed in a
production system.
It never managed to read documentation to build packages that is
somewhat official.

Here at SWITCH for example we use this:
https://github.com/zioproto/ubuntu-cloud-archive-vagrant-vm/tree/xenial
This procedure used to work for our Kilo packages, but now looks like
something broke upstream.

Next week in NYC there will be the Openstack Ops Midcycle
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/NYC-ops-meetup

There is a session about Ubuntu packages, looks like also Corey Bryant
will be there.

Is anyone coming to give an update about the packaging directly within the
OpenStack infra ?

Thank you

Saverio