[openstack-dev] [daisycloud-core] Daisy installer demo is out

Will Zhou zzxwill at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 03:31:19 UTC 2016

Hello Zhijiang,

I hit the following issue when trying to run 'installdaisy_el7_noarch.bin'

No package httpd available.
Error: Nothing to do
Failed to issue method call: No such file or directory
Failed to issue method call: Unit httpd.service failed to load: No such
file or directory.
httpd start failed.

So we need to run 'yum install httpd' before it. Thanks.

BTW, can daisy work in two VMs? Thanks.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:44 AM <hu.zhijiang at zte.com.cn> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Daisycloud-core team are pleased to annonce the first release of Daisy
> OpenStack Installer. You can download the demo from
> http://www.daisycloud.org/static/files/installdaisy_el7_noarch.bin. and
> the corresponding document is here:
> http://www.daisycloud.org/static/files/demo_how_to.docx
>
> In this phase, Daisy OpenStack Installer is just a friendly web UI for
> deploying openstack mitaka by using kolla. It will support baremetal
> deployment by using ironic (also bifrost may be). To sum up, Daisy
> installer are trying to make the most use of the upstream projects for
> deploying OpenStack and make them easy to use.
>
> Thanks!
>

> B.R.,
> Zhijiang

​