[openstack-dev] [all] devstack changing to neutron by default RSN

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 15:34:34 UTC 2016

On 5 August 2016 at 05:59, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> On 08/04/2016 09:15 PM, Armando M. wrote:
> > So glad we are finally within the grasp of this!
> >
> > I posted [1], just to err on the side of caution and get the opportunity
> > to see how other gate jobs for Neutron might be affected by this change.
> >
> > Are there any devstack-gate changes lined up too that we should be aware
> of?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Armando
> >
> > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351450/
>
> Nothing at this point. devstack-gate bypasses the service defaults in
> devstack, so it doesn't impact that at all. Over time we'll want to make
> neutron the default choice for all devstack-gate setups, and nova-net to
> be the exception. But that actually can all be fully orthoginal to this
> change.

Ack

> The experimental results don't quite look in yet, it looks like one test
> is failing on dvr (which is the one that tests for cross tenant
> connectivity) -
> http://logs.openstack.org/50/350750/5/experimental/gate-
> tempest-dsvm-neutron-dvr/4958140/
>
> That test has been pretty twitchy during this patch series, and it's
> quite complex, so figuring out exactly why it's impacted here is a bit
> beyond me atm. I think we need to decide if that is going to get deeper
> inspection, we live with the fails, or we disable the test for now so we
> can move forward and get this out to everyone.

Looking at the health trend for DVR [1], the test hasn't failed in a while,
so I wonder if this is induced by the proposed switch, even though I can't
correlate it just yet (still waiting for caffeine to kick in). Perhaps we
can give ourselves today to look into it and pull the trigger for 351450
<https://review.openstack.org/#/c/351450/> on Monday?

[1]
http://status.openstack.org/openstack-health/#/job/gate-tempest-dsvm-neutron-dvr