[openstack-dev] [Nova] Does this api modification need Microversion?

Andrew Laski andrew at lascii.com
Wed Aug 3 16:53:39 UTC 2016

I think the discussion about whether or not this needs a microversion is
missing the bigger question of whether or not this should be in the API
to begin with. If it's safe to rollback from this error state why not
just do that automatically in Nova? If it's proposed for the API because
it's not considered safe I don't agree it should be in the API. This is
not an API that's restricted to admins by default.

However if this is going to be exposed in the API I lean towards this
not needing a microversion. It's a new policy in the usage of the API,
not a change to the API. To me it seems like adding a microversion
because a policy rule was changed. I know we should have some sort of
signal here for users, but I think we need to look at different ways to
signal this type of change.

-Andrew