[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Infra] Announcing Gertty 1.4.0

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Mon Aug 1 23:18:37 UTC 2016

Mikhail Medvedev <mihailmed at gmail.com> writes:

> In theory it is possible split diff and syntax spatially, so there
> would be no need to mix diff and syntax colors. Mockup
> http://i.imgur.com/gAD9x9v.png

True, though I should have clarified my comments as applying
particularly to the intra-line diff, where not only are changed lines
indicated (by dark red/green) but also changed characters (by bright
red/green).  As someone who could spend an hour staring at a line and
not seeing the addition of a single letter, I find that very useful.  :)

Perhaps in your approach some compromise could be obtained by indicating
a changed line as you suggest, and which characters are changed via an
alteration to either the foreground (perhaps making them bold) or
background color of the characters.

-Jim