[openstack-dev] [nova][python-novaclient] Functional test fail due to publicURL endpoint for volume service not found

Andrey Kurilin akurilin at mirantis.com
Wed Sep 30 10:04:19 UTC 2015

Hi!
It looks like cause of issue is a disabling Cinder API V1 in gates by
default(
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-September/075689.html)
which was merged yesterday( https://review.openstack.org/#/c/194726/17 ).

Since Cinder V1 is disabled, python-novaclient has several issues:
 - "nova volume-* does not work when using cinder v2 API" -
https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1392846
 - "nova volume-* managers override service_type to 'volume', which is
missed in gates" - https://bugs.launchpad.net/python-novaclient/+bug/1501258

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 5:56 AM, Zhenyu Zheng <zhengzhenyulixi at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi, all
>
> I submitted a patch for novaclient last night:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/228769/ , and it turns out the
> functional test has failed due to:  publicURL endpoint for volume service
> not found. I also found out that another novaclient patch:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/217131/ also fails due to this error, so
> this must be a bug. Any idea on how to fix this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> BR,
>
> Zheng

Best regards,