[openstack-dev] [TripleO] Defining a public API for tripleo-common

Dougal Matthews dougal at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 08:08:41 UTC 2015

Hi,

What is the standard practice for defining public API's for OpenStack
libraries? As I am working on refactoring and updating tripleo-common I have
to grep through the projects I know that use it to make sure I don't break
anything.

Personally I would choose to have a policy of "If it is documented, it is
public" because that is very clear and it still allows us to do internal
refactoring.

Otherwise we could use __all__ to define what is public in each file, or
assume everything that doesn't start with an underscore is public.

Cheers,
Dougal