[openstack-dev] [TripleO] tripleo.org theme

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Mon Sep 28 17:54:51 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-09-28 at 09:43 -0400, James Slagle wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 8:34 AM, Dan Prince <dprince at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > It has come to my attention that we aren't making great use of our
> > tripleo.org domain. One thing that would be useful would be to have
> > the
> > new tripleo-docs content displayed there. It would also be nice to
> > have
> > quick links to some of our useful resources, perhaps Derek's CI
> > report
> > [1], a custom Reviewday page for TripleO reviews (something like
> > this
> > [2]), and perhaps other links too. I'm thinking these go in the
> > header,
> > and not just on some random TripleO docs page. Or perhaps both
> > places.
> >
> > I was thinking that instead of the normal OpenStack theme however
> > we
> > could go a bit off the beaten path and do our own TripleO theme.
> > Basically a custom tripleosphinx project that we ninja in as a
> > replacement for oslosphinx.
>
> Would the content of tripleo-docs be exactly the same as what is
> published at http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tripleo-docs/ ?

Yes. Exactly the same content with just a custom header to link to some
TripleO specific reports that our upstream community finds useful.

> I think it probably should be, and be updated on every merged commit.
> If that's not the case, I think it should be abundantly clear why
> someone might would use one set of docs over the other.

The sample site I have currently refreshes every 7 or so minutes.
Basically you'd get new tripleo-docs content, new reviewday reviews,
and an updated CI report on each refresh.

> I'm not sure about why we'd want a different theme. Is it just so
> that
> it's styled the same as the rest of tripleo.org?

Because mascot's are cool? Because we can? We don't have to have a
custom theme but I'd just as soon have one. I mean oslo has a moose,
Ironic has got a bear, perhaps TripleO needs an owl? Or something :)

This isn't about stepping away from upstream. Just a simple way to
organize upstream resources specific to the TripleO project in a new
fashion. A different way to slice into the project...

Dan

> > Could get our own mascot... or do something silly with words. I'm
> > reaching out to graphics artists who could help with this sort of
> > thing... but before that decision is made I wanted to ask about
> > thoughts on the matter here first.
> >
> > Speak up... it would be nice to have this wrapped up before Tokyo.
> >
> > [1] http://goodsquishy.com/downloads/tripleo-jobs.html
> > [2] http://status.openstack.org/reviews/
>
> +1 to everything else. I had put what to do with tripleo.org on the
> tokyo etherpad. Someone (not sure who) also suggested:
>
> * collaborative blogging

Yes. I added this section I think. I think perhaps that is something we
could add later if we choose.

> * serve upstream generated overcloud images?

Sure. This would require a bit more infrastructure but we could use the
domain for this sort of thing too.