[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] add health check for plugins

Sheena Gregson sgregson at mirantis.com
Mon Sep 28 09:06:42 UTC 2015

I just realized I missed this thread when Andrey responded to it –
apologies!

I was thinking of things like – confirming VMware username and password are
accurate, confirming that SSL certificate chain is valid, etc. – some of
these are not plugin based, but I think there is value in enabling both
core components and plugins to specify tests that can be run prior to
deployment that will help ensure the deployment will not fail.

Does that make sense?  In this case, it is not confirming the deployment
was successful (post-deployment), it is checking known parameters for
validity prior to attempting to deploy (pre-deployment).