[openstack-dev] [neutron + ovn] Does neutron ovn plugin support to setup multiple neutron networks for one container?

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Sun Sep 27 20:18:11 UTC 2015

On 09/27/2015 06:50 AM, Kevin Benton wrote:
> Assuming it implements the normal provider networks API, you just
> specify the segmentation_id when you create the network.
>
> neutron net-create NET_NAME --provider:network_type vlan
> --provider:physical_network physnet1 --provider:segmentation_id VLAN_TAG

Yes, the OVN plugin will implement the normal provider networks API.
It's a WIP.

My first goal was to just implement support for "--provider:network_type
flat" end to end.  I have the OVN side merged and now I'm working on the
Neutron plugin piece.  Once that's done, I'll go back add add VLAN
support, which shouldn't be very difficult at that point.  I'm aiming to
have all of that done by the Tokyo summit (among other things).

--
Russell Bryant