[openstack-dev] [Manila] CephFS native driver

Shinobu Kinjo skinjo at redhat.com
Fri Sep 25 07:04:14 UTC 2015

So here are questions from my side.
Just question.

 1.What is the biggest advantage comparing others such as RDB?
  We should be able to implement what you are going to do in
  existing module, shouldn't we?

 2.What are you going to focus on with a new implementation?
  It seems to be to use NFS in front of that implementation
  with more transparently.

 3.What are you thinking of integration with OpenStack using
  a new implementation?
  Since it's going to be new kind of, there should be differ-
  ent architecture.

 4.Is this implementation intended for OneStack integration
  mainly?

Since velocity of OpenStack feature expansion is much more than
it used to be, it's much more important to think of performance.

Is a new implementation also going to improve Ceph integration
with OpenStack system?

Thank you so much for your explanation in advance.

Shinobu