[openstack-dev] [neutron] Stumped...need help with neutronclient job failure

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Thu Sep 24 18:11:20 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 10:52:45AM -0700, Kevin Benton wrote:
> Can you look to see what process tempest_lib is trying to execute?
>
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2015 at 4:02 AM, Paul Michali <pc at michali.net> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I created a pair of experimental jobs for python-neutronclient that will
> > run functional tests on core and advanced services, respectively. In the
> > python-neutronclient repo, I have a commit [1] that splits the tests into
> > two directories for core/adv-svcs, enables the VPN devstack plugin for the
> > advanced services tests, and removes the skip decorator for the VPN tests.
> >
> > When these two jobs run, the core job pass (as expected). The advanced
> > services job shows all four advanced services tests (testing REST LIST
> > requests for IKE policy, IPSec policy, IPSec site-to-site connection, and
> > VPN service resources) failing, with this T/B:
> >
> > ft1.1: neutronclient.tests.functional.adv-svcs.test_readonly_neutron_vpn.SimpleReadOnlyNeutronVpnClientTest.test_neutron_vpn_*ipsecpolicy_list*_StringException: Empty attachments:
> >   pythonlogging:''
> >   stderr
> >   stdout
> >
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "neutronclient/tests/functional/adv-svcs/test_readonly_neutron_vpn.py", line 37, in test_neutron_vpn_ipsecpolicy_list
> >     ipsecpolicy = self.parser.listing(self.neutron('vpn-ipsecpolicy-list'))
> >   File "neutronclient/tests/functional/base.py", line 78, in neutron
> >     **kwargs)
> >   File "/opt/stack/new/python-neutronclient/.tox/functional-adv-svcs/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tempest_lib/cli/base.py", line 292, in neutron
> >     'neutron', action, flags, params, fail_ok, merge_stderr)
> >   File "/opt/stack/new/python-neutronclient/.tox/functional-adv-svcs/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tempest_lib/cli/base.py", line 361, in cmd_with_auth
> >     self.cli_dir)
> >   File "/opt/stack/new/python-neutronclient/.tox/functional-adv-svcs/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/tempest_lib/cli/base.py", line 61, in execute
> >     proc = subprocess.Popen(cmd, stdout=stdout, stderr=stderr)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
> >     errread, errwrite)
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1327, in _execute_child
> >     raise child_exception
> > OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

So taking a blind guess without actually looking at anything besides this email
my thinking is that you aren't installing neutronclient in /usr/bin in that job.
Either it's being installed in the tox venv only or going into /usr/local/bin or
something like that. There is a parameter to give tempest-lib the bin dir where
the cli commands live. You need to make sure that's set to where ever you're
installing the CLI commands.