[openstack-dev] [fuel] PTL & Component Leads elections

Dmitry Borodaenko dborodaenko at mirantis.com
Thu Sep 24 01:49:19 UTC 2015

Vladimir,

Sergey's initial email from this thread has a link to the Fuel elections
wiki page that describes the exact procedure to determine the electorate
and the candidates [0]:

    The electorate for a given PTL and Component Leads election are the
    Foundation individual members that are also committers for one of
    the Fuel team's repositories over the last year timeframe (September
    18, 2014 06:00 UTC to September 18, 2015 05:59 UTC).

    Any member of an election electorate can propose their candidacy for
    the same election.

[0] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/Elections_Fall_2015#Electorate

If you follow more links from that page, you will find the Governance
page [1] and from there the Election Officiating Guidelines [2] that
provide a specific shell one-liner to generate that list:

    git log --pretty=%aE --since '1 year ago' | sort -u

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance
[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Election_Officiating_Guidelines

As I have specified in the proposed Team Structure policy document [3],
this is the same process that is used by other OpenStack projects.

[3] https://review.openstack.org/225376

Having a different release schedule is not a sufficient reason for Fuel
to reinvent the wheel, for example OpenStack Infrastructure project
doesn't even have a release schedule for many of its deliverables, and
still follows the same elections schedule as the rest of OpenStack:

[4] http://governance.openstack.org/reference/projects/infrastructure.html

Lets keep things simple.

--
Dmitry Borodaenko