[openstack-dev] [nova][cinder] how to handle AZ bug 1496235?

Sam Morrison sorrison at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 23:34:08 UTC 2015

Just got alerted to this on the operator list.

We very much rely on this.

We have multiple availability zones in nova and each zone has a corresponding cinder-volume service(s) in the same availability zone.

We don’t want people attaching a volume from one zone to another as the network won’t allow that as the zones are in different network domains and different data centres.

I wonder if you guys can reconsider deprecating this option as it is very useful to us.

Cheers,
Sam