[openstack-dev] [neutron] Does neutron ovn plugin support to setup multiple neutron networks for one container?

WANG, Ming Hao (Tony T) tony.a.wang at alcatel-lucent.com
Wed Sep 23 02:01:42 UTC 2015

Russell,

Thanks for your info.
If I want to assign multiple interfaces to a container on different neutron networks(for example, netA and netB), is it mandatory to let the VM hosting containers have network interfaces in netA and netB, and ovn will help to direct the container traffic to its corresponding VM network interfaces?

from https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/ovn/CONTAINERS.OpenStack.md :
"This VLAN tag is stripped out in the hypervisor by OVN."
I suppose when the traffic goes out the VM, the VLAN tag has already been stripped out.
When the traffic arrives ovs on physical host, it will be tagged with neutron local vlan. Is it right?

Thanks in advance,
Tony