[openstack-dev] [releases][requirements][keystone]something incompatible with our requirements

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Sep 18 20:03:55 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Robert Collins's message of 2015-09-19 07:32:18 +1200:
> I know this is terrible timing with the release and all, but
> constraints updates are failing. This is the first evidence - and it
> doesn't look like a race to me:
> http://logs.openstack.org/57/221157/10/check/gate-tempest-dsvm-full/18eb440/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-09-18_13_51_46_902
>
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/221157/ is the updated review to
> bring it all together. I'm worried that the incompatibility is going
> to impact distributors and/or may even be from one of our own recent
> library releases.

It looks like this is a problem from os-client-config 1.7.0 and later.
The constraints file has not been updating on new releases, so we're
still constrained to 1.6.4 in jobs that use the constraints, which is
why it isn't showing up elsewhere.

To debug, I ran:

git clone openstack/python-openstackclient
tox -e py27 --notest
.tox/py27/bin/openstack --debug
(error)
.tox/py27/bin/pip install os-client-config==1.7.1
.tox/py27/bin/openstack --debug
(error)
.tox/py27/bin/pip install os-client-config==1.7.0
.tox/py27/bin/openstack --debug
(error)
.tox/py27/bin/pip install os-client-config==1.6.4
.tox/py27/bin/openstack --debug
(works)

Doug