[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas] Is SSL offload config possible using non "admin" tenant?

Adam Harwell adam.harwell at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Sep 18 19:46:33 UTC 2015

That sounds like the Barbican ACLs are not working properly. The whole point of using Barbican ACLs is that the keystone session marked for tenant "admin" should be able to get access to ANY tenant’s container/secrets if the ACLs are set. I am still not convinced this is an issue on the LBaaS side. Unfortunately, I don’t have a lot of time to test this right now as we’re up against the clock for the gate, so your help in debugging and fixing this issue is greatly appreciated! I just want to make sure the expected workflow is fully understood.

--Adam

https://keybase.io/rm_you

From: Vijay Venkatachalam <Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com<mailto:Vijay.Venkatachalam at citrix.com>>
Date: Friday, September 18, 2015 at 2:02 PM
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas] Is SSL offload config possible using non "admin" tenant?

>> This honestly hasn’t even been *fully* tested yet, but it SHOULD work.
It did not work. Please read on.
>> User sets ACLs on Secrets and Container in Barbican, to allow the LBaaS user (right now using whatever user-id we publish in our docs) to read their data.
I did perform the above step to give read access for the container and secrets to “admin”, but it did not work.

Root Cause
The certmanager in lbaas which connects to barbican uses the keystone session gathered from
neutron_lbaas.common.keystone.get_session()
Since the keystone session is marked for tenant “admin” lbaas is not able to get the tenant’s container/certificate.

I have filed a bug for the same.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/neutron/+bug/1497410

This is an important fix required since tenants wont be able to use SSL Offload. Will try to upload a fix for this next week.

Thanks,
Vijay V.