[openstack-dev] [ironic] Liberty soft freeze

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 02:57:13 UTC 2015

On 17 September 2015 at 21:50, Jim Rollenhagen <jim at jimrollenhagen.com>
wrote:<snip>

This may also mean in-band RAID configuration may not land; the
> interface in general did land, and drivers may do out-of-band
> configuration. We assumed that in-band RAID would be done through
> zapping. However, if folks can agree on how to do it during automated
> cleaning, I'd be happy to get that in Liberty if the code is not too
> risky. If it is risky, we'll need to punt it to Mitaka as well.

Ramesh had worked on this but removed the part that hooks into automated
cleaning [0]. One reason being that if a target RAID config wasn't
specified, does this mean the create-raid-config clean step is skipped
(considered successful), or does it mean that the cleaning operation fails.
After a bit of discussion on IRC[1], some of us think that having the clean
operation fail makes sense.

There are two patches that will help with this [2] & [3]. The code was
extracted from [0]. I think it may need more work but I won't be able to
look into it until next week. In the meantime, hopefully someone else
(Ramesh? anyone?) will pick it up :)

--ruby

[0] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/198238/, removed from revision 21
[1] 2015-09-17T21:21:54 ish,