[openstack-dev] ceilometer code debugging

gord chung gord at live.ca
Thu Sep 17 02:10:23 UTC 2015

hi,

i'm not familiar with eclipse+pydev but you should be able to run that
command as is in terminal

'./tools/ceilometer-test-event.py'

the main question i have is what are you trying to debug? that script,
to be honest, does not do much. it seems to just test the event
conversion functionality. you might find some useful information in the
dev docs[1] if you have questions about Ceilometer. if it's a pydev
specific question you might want to generalise your subject line to have
more eyes.

[1] http://docs.openstack.org/developer/ceilometer

On 16/09/15 08:42 AM, Nanda Devi Sahu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to debug Ceilometer code taken from git. I have configured
> Eclipse with Pydev for the same. The configuration seems to be fine
> but when I do a debug of the code it shows to be running but I do not
> see the flow of the code. LIke the main thread and the following threads.
>
> Attached is the debug prespective view where the run is working
> without any code stack.
>
> Could you please suggest what Am I missing to get the flow. I have
> also attached the debug configuration image for reference.
>

> Regards,
> Nanda.
>
> *L&T Technology Services Ltd*
>
> www.LntTechservices.com <http://www.lnttechservices.com/>
>
> This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the
> intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please
> do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and
> delete it from your system.

gord