[openstack-dev] [oslo][oslo.config] Reloading configuration of service

Joshua Harlow harlowja at outlook.com
Tue Sep 15 19:07:54 UTC 2015

Sounds like a useful idea if projects can plug-in themselves into the
reloading process. I definitely think there needs to be a way for
services to plug-in to this, although I'm not quite sure it will be
sufficient at the current time though.

An example of why:

-
https://github.com/openstack/cinder/blob/stable/kilo/cinder/volume/__init__.py#L24
(unless this module is purged from python and reloaded it will likely
not reload correctly).

Likely these can all be easily fixed (I just don't know how many of
those exist in the various projects); but I guess we have to start
somewhere so getting the underlying code able to be reloaded is a first
step of likely many.

- Josh