[openstack-dev] [oslo][versionedobjects][ceilometer] explain the benefits of ceilometer+versionedobjects

gord chung gord at live.ca
Tue Sep 15 11:48:04 UTC 2015

On 03/09/2015 4:02 PM, Dan Smith wrote:
>> - do we need to migrate the db to some handle different set of
>> >attributes and what happens for nosql dbs?
> No, Nova made no schema changes as a result of moving to objects.

so i don't really understand how this part works. if i have two
collectors -- one collector writes v1 schema, one writes v2 schema --
how do they both write to the same db without anything changing in the
db? presumably the db would only be configured to know how to store only
one version?

cheers,

--
gord