[openstack-dev] [openstack-ansible][compass] Support of Offline Install

Weidong Shao weidongshao at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 04:36:26 UTC 2015

Hi osad team,

Compass, an openstack deployment project, is in process of using osad
project in the openstack deployment. We need to support a use case where
there is no Internet connection. The way we handle this is to split the
deployment into "build" and "install" phase. In Build phase, the Compass
server node can have Internet connection and can build local repo and other
necessary dynamic artifacts that requires Internet connection. In "install"
phase, the to-be-installed nodes do not have Internet connection, and they
only download necessary data from Compass server and other services
constructed in Build phase.

Now, is "offline install" something that OSAD project shall also support?
If yes, what is the scope of work for any changes, if required.

Thanks,
Weidong