[openstack-dev] [tempest] Is there a sandbox project how to use tempest test plugin interface?

Lajos Katona lajos.katona at ericsson.com
Thu Sep 10 12:56:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I just noticed that from tag 6, the test plugin interface considered
ready, and I am eager to start to use it.
I have some questions:

If I understand well in the future the plugin interface will be moved to
tempest-lib, but now I have to import module(s) from tempest to start to
use the interface.
Is there a plan for this, I mean when the whole interface will be moved
to tempest-lib?

If I start to create a test plugin now (from tag 6), what should be the
best solution to do this?
I thought to create a repo for my plugin and add that as a subrepo to my
local tempest repo, and than I can easily import stuff from tempest, but
I can keep my test code separated from other parts of tempest.
Is there a better way of doing this?

If there would be an example plugin somewhere, that would be the most
preferable maybe.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Lajos