[openstack-dev] Question about generating an oslo.utils release

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Thu Sep 10 09:56:37 UTC 2015

Paul,

Usually there are releases every week from the oslo team. At the moment,
oslo.* releases are frozen until stable/liberty branches are cut. Usually
you can also request a new oslo library release by logging a review against
openstack/releases repository as well.

Depends-On tag works for things installed from git, NOT libraries from
pypi. hence the fail. If you want to try the change locally you can
use  LIBS_FROM_GIT config option in devstack's configuration files to
specify the library in question. However you would that once your patch has
been merged into the master branch. There are additional toggles in
devstack local.conf to do this from a pending review as well if you really
want to try it.

-- Dims