[openstack-dev] [neutron] RFE process question

James Dempsey jamesd at catalyst.net.nz
Thu Sep 10 05:34:11 UTC 2015

Greetings Devs,

I'm very excited about the new RFE process and thought I'd test it by
requesting a feature that is very often requested by my users[1].

There are some great docs out there about how to submit an RFE, but I
don't know what should happen after the submission to launchpad. My RFE
bug seems to have been untouched for a month and I'm unsure if I've done
something wrong. So, here are a few questions that I have.

1. Should I be following up on the dev list to ask for someone to look
at my RFE bug?
2. How long should I expect it to take to have my RFE acknowledged?
3. As an operator, I'm a bit ignorant as to whether or not there are
times during the release cycle during which there simply won't be
bandwidth to consider RFE bugs.
4. Should I be doing anything else?

Would love some guidance.

Cheers,