[openstack-dev] [Ansible][Infra] Moving ansible roles into big tent?

Paul Belanger pabelanger at redhat.com
Tue Sep 8 14:57:55 UTC 2015

Greetings,

I wanted to start a discussion about the future of ansible / ansible roles in
OpenStack. Over the last week or so I've started down the ansible path, starting
my first ansible role; I've started with ansible-role-nodepool[1].

My initial question is simple, now that big tent is upon us, I would like
some way to include ansible roles into the opentack git workflow.  I first
thought the role might live under openstack-infra however I am not sure that
is the right place.  My reason is, -infra tents to include modules they
currently run under the -infra namespace, and I don't want to start the effort
to convince people to migrate.

Another thought might be to reach out to the os-ansible-deployment team and ask
how they see roles in OpenStack moving foward (mostly the reason for this
email).

Either way, I would be interested in feedback on moving forward on this. Using
travis-ci and github works but OpenStack workflow is much better.

[1] https://github.com/pabelanger/ansible-role-nodepool