[openstack-dev] Scheduler hints, API and Objects

Alex Xu hejie.xu at intel.com
Mon Sep 7 06:51:03 UTC 2015

> 在 2015年9月7日,上午8:27,Ken'ichi Ohmichi <ken1ohmichi at gmail.com> 写道:
>
> f we allow customization of scheduler-hints like new filters,
> out-of-tree filters without microversions, API users cannot know
> available scheduler-hints parameter from microversions number.
> That will be helpful for API users that nova can provide available
> parameters with JSON-Home or somethi

I'm thinking we should distinguish the API discovery and Capabilities discovery.

The JSON-Home and JSON-Schema is used to API discovery.
The discovery of scheduler-hints enabled or not in the deployment is Capabilities discovery.

So this should be done by two parts.
1. JSON-Schema is used to Scheduler-hints API contract
2. Another Capabilities discovery API is used to discover whether hint enabled or not in the deployment.

For JSON-Schema, we should think the API contract as “The Scheduler Hints API only accept dict”. Then
each hint should have it own contract. Add scheduler filters add each own hints schema to the API schema
for API discovery.

So now I think Ken’ichi propose https://review.openstack.org/#/c/220440 <https://review.openstack.org/#/c/220440>  make sense to me. But the
hints whether enabled in the deployment should be done another way, A capabilities discover API.