[openstack-dev] [magnum] Steps to upload magnum images

Hongbin Lu hongbin.lu at huawei.com
Sun Sep 6 23:47:22 UTC 2015

Hi team,

As you may know, magnum is tested with pre-built Fedora Atomic images. Basically, these images are standard atomic image with k8s packages pre-installed. The images can be downloaded from fedorapeople.org [1]. In most cases, you are able to test magnum by using images there. If you are not satisfied by existing images, you are welcome to build a new image and share it with the team. Here [2] is the instruction for how to build an new atomic image. After you successfully build an image, you may want to upload it to the public file server, which is what I am going to talk about.

Below are the steps to upload an image:

1.       Register an account in here https://admin.fedoraproject.org/accounts/

2.       Sign the contributor agreement (On the home page after you login: "My Account" -> "Contributor Agreement").

3.       Upload your public key ("My Account" -> "Public SSH Key").

4.       Apply to join the magnum group ("Join a group" -> search "magnum" -> "apply"). If you cannot find the "apply" link under "Status" (I didn't), you can wait a few minutes or skip this step and ask Steven Dake to add you to the group instead.

5.       Ping Steven Dake (stdake at cisco.com) to approve your application.

6.       After 30-60 minutes, you should be able to SSH to the file server (ssh <yourname>@fedorapeople.org). Our images are stored in /srv/groups/magnum.

Notes on using the file server:

*         Avoid type "sudo ...".

*         Activities there are logged, so don't expect any privacy.

*         Not all contents are allowed. Please make sure your uploaded contents are acceptable before uploading it.

[1] https://fedorapeople.org/groups/magnum/
[2] https://github.com/openstack/magnum/blob/master/doc/source/dev/dev-build-atomic-image.rst