[openstack-dev] [api][keystone][openstackclient] Standards for object name attributes and filtering

Everett Toews everett.toews at RACKSPACE.COM
Sun Sep 6 21:24:59 UTC 2015

On Sep 1, 2015, at 8:36 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone have an example of an API outside of OpenStack that would return 400 in this situation (arbitrary query string parameters)? Based on my past experience, I'd expect them to be ignored, but I can't think of a reason why a 400 would be a bad idea (but I suspect there's some prior art / discussion out there).

Good question! I think it’s a great idea to look outside OpenStack-land to see what’s going on in the wider world of APIs.

One example is listing containers in the Docker API [1]. A number of other resources will also return a 400 if a bad parameter is used.

Everett

[1] https://docs.docker.com/reference/api/docker_remote_api_v1.20/#list-containers