[openstack-dev] 9/4 state of the gate

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Fri Sep 4 20:13:17 UTC 2015

There are a few things blowing up in the last 24 hours so might as well
make people aware.

1. gate-tempest-dsvm-large-ops was failing at a decent rate:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1491949

Turns out devstack was changed to run multihost=true and that doesn't
work so well with the large-ops job that's creating hundreds of fake
instances on a single node.  We reverted the devstack change so things
should be good there now.

2. gate-tempest-dsvm-cells was regressed because nova has an in-tree
blacklist regex of tests that don't work with cells and renaming some of
those in tempest broke the regex.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1492255

There is a patch in the gate but it's getting bounced on #3.  Long-term
we want to bring that blacklist regex down to 0 and instead use feature
toggles in Tempest for the cells job, we just aren't there yet.  Help
wanted...

3. gate-tempest-dsvm-full-ceph is broken with glance-store 0.9.0:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance-store/+bug/1492432

It looks like the gate-tempest-dsvm-full-ceph-src-glance_store job was
not actually testing trunk glance_store code because of a problem in the
upper-constraints.txt file in the requirements repo - pip was capping
glance_store at 0.8.0 in the src job so we actually haven't been testing
latest glance-store.  dhellmann posted a fix:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/220648/

But I'm assuming glance-store 0.9.0 is still busted. I've posted a
change which I think might be related:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/220646/

If ^ fixes the issue we'll need to blacklist 0.9.0 from global-requirements.

--

As always, it's fun to hit this stuff right before the weekend,
especially a long US holiday weekend. :)

Matt Riedemann