[openstack-dev] [Openstack] [ANN] OpenStack Kilo on Ubuntu fully automated with Ansible! Ready for NFV L2 Bridges via Heat!

Jose Manuel Ferrer Mosteiro jmferrer.paradigmatecnologico at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 07:58:11 UTC 2015

Hi

It is a pre pre pre pre pre pre pre alpha version that just installs the
juno ubuntu guide until dashboard included. Block Storage Service is
very important but does not work now.

vCenter will be always the operating system that makes my life easyer.
Today is Ubuntu.

The hypervisor is also Ubuntu but it will be Ubuntu, CentOs and Debian.

I will announce the project when the project is more advanced.

Thanks

On 2015-08-31 15:08, Sabrina Bajorat wrote:

> That is great !!! Can it be use with Debian 7 too?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Jose Manuel Ferrer Mosteiro <jmferrer.paradigmatecnologico at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Nice job. I am doing a vmware vcenter like in https://github.com/elmanytas/ansible-openstack-vcenter [1] and I solved the problem of duplicate endpoints in line 106 of https://github.com/elmanytas/ansible-openstack-vcenter/blob/master/etc_ansible/roles/keystone/tasks/main.yml [2] . This makes playbooks idempotents.
>
> Maybe you could be interested.
>
> On 2015-08-26 00:30, Martinx - ジェームズ wrote:
> Hello Stackers!
>
> I'm proud to announce an Ansible Playbook to deploy OpenStack on Ubuntu!
>
> Check it out!
>
> * https://github.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite [3]
>
> Powered by Sandvine! ;-)
>
> Basically, this is the automation of what we have documented here:
>
> * http://docs.openstack.org/kilo/install-guide/install/apt/content/ [4]
>
> Instructions:
>
> 1- Install Ubuntu 14.04, fully upgraded (with
> "linux-generic-lts-vivid" installed), plus "/etc/hostname" and
> "/etc/hosts" configured according.
>
> 2- Deploy OpenStack with 1 command:
>
> * Open vSwtich (default):
>
> bash <(curl -s
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite/kilo/misc/os-install.sh [5])
>
> * Linux Bridges (alternative):
>
> bash <(curl -s
> https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sandvine/os-ansible-deployment-lite/kilo/misc/os-install-lbr.sh [6])
>
> 3- Launch a NFV L2 Stack:
>
> heat stack-create demo -f
> ~/os-ansible-deployment-lite/misc/os-heat-templates/nfv-l2-bridge-basic-stack-ubuntu-little.yaml
>
> IMPORTANT NOTES:
>
> Only runs the "step 2" on top of a fresh installed Ubuntu 14.04! Can
> be a Server or Desktop but, fresh installed. Do not pre-install MySQL,
> RabbitMQ, Keystone, etc... Let Ansible to its magic!
>
> Also, make sure you can use "sudo" without password.
>
> Some features of our Ansible Playbook:
>
> 1- Deploys OpenStack with one single command, in one physical box
> (all-in-one), helper script (./os-deploy.sh) available;
>
> 2- Supports NFV instances that can act as a L2 Bridge between two
> VXLAN Networks;
>
> 3- Plenty of Heat Templates;
>
> 4- 100% Ubuntu based;
>
> 5- Very simple setup (simpler topology; dummy interfaces for both
> "br-ex" and "vxlan"; no containers for each service (yet));
>
> 6- Ubuntu PPA available, with a few OpenStack patches backported from
> Liberty, to Kilo (to add "port_security_enabled" Heat support);
>
> https://launchpad.net/~sandvine/+archive/ubuntu/cloud-archive-kilo/ [7]
>
> 7- Only requires one physical ethernet card;
>
> 8- Both "Linux Bridges" and "Open vSwitch" deployments are supported;
>
> 9- Planning to add DPDK support;
>
> 10- Multi-node support under development;
>
> 11- IPv6 support comming...

> [...]

Links:
------
[1] https://github.com/elmanytas/ansible-openstack-vcenter