[openstack-dev] [Cross Project] [Neutron] [Nova] Tox.ini changes for Constraints testing

Sachi King nakato at nakato.io
Fri Sep 4 02:16:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm working on setting up both Nova and Neutron with constrained unit tests.
More details about this can be found in the changes can be found in it's
blueprint [0].

An example issue this will prevent is Neutron's recent gate breakage caused
by a new netaddr version. [1]

Now that the base changes have landed in project-config the next step is to
modify tox.ini to run an alterniate install command when called with the
'constraints' factor.

Nova: https://review.openstack.org/205931/
Neutron: https://review.openstack.org/219134/

This change is a no-op for current gate jobs and developer workflows, only
adding the functionality required for the new constraints jobs and manual
execution of the constrained tests when desired.

Once these have been added we can then proceed adding the py27 and 34 jobs,
which will be non-voting at this point.

Nova: https://review.openstack.org/219582/
Neutron: https://review.openstack.org/219610/

[0] http://specs.openstack.org/openstack/openstack-specs/specs/requirements-management.html
[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/073239.html

If there are any other projects interested in being an early adopter of
constrained unit tests, please let me know.

Cheers,
Sachi