[openstack-dev] [Murano] Documentation on how to Start Contributing

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Wed Sep 2 13:48:26 UTC 2015

On 2015-09-01 15:45:22 -0700 (-0700), Vahid S Hashemian wrote:
[...]
> What is your advice on debugging a PyPi package? I'm modifying the code
> for python-muranoclient and would like to be able to debug using eclipse
> (in which I'm coding) or any other convenient means.

There are possibly better places than an OpenStack-specific mailing
list to ask general Python debugging questions. You can tell pip to
install from source in editable mode within a virtualenv and then
changes you make to the source code should be immediately testable
without needing to repackage/reinstall. Something like this
(assuming you have a recent version of virtualenv installed in your
current executable path):

    git clone git://git.openstack.org/openstack/python-muranoclient.git
    cd python-muranoclient
    virtualenv .testing
    . .testing/bin/activate
    pip install -e .

>From that point on, running the murano CLI command or importing in
another script should get whatever changes you've made in your local
clone of the repository.
--
Jeremy Stanley