[openstack-dev] [third-party][CI] Third-party oses in devstack-gate

Evgeny Antyshev eantyshev at virtuozzo.com
Tue Sep 1 08:28:01 UTC 2015

Hello!

This letter I address to those third-party CI maintainers who needs to
amend
the upstream devstack-gate to satisfy their environment.

Some folks that I know use inline patching at job level,
some make private forks of devstack-gate (I even saw one on github).
There have been a few improvements to devstack-gate, which made it
easier to use it
downstream, f.e. introducing DEVSTACK_LOCAL_CONFIG
(https://review.openstack.org/145321)

We particularly need it to recognize our rhel-based distribution as a
Fedora OS.
We cannot define it explicitly in is_fedora() as it is not officially
supported upstream,
but we can introduce the variable DEVSTACK_GATE_IS_FEDORA which makes
is_fedora() agnostic to distributions and to succeed if run on an
undefined OS.

Here is the change: https://review.openstack.org/215029
I welcome everyone interested in the matter
to tell us if we do it right or not, and to review the change.

--
Best regards,
Evgeny Antyshev.