[openstack-dev] Adding 'server_type' field to Baymodel

Kai Qiang Wu wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Tue Sep 1 05:23:27 UTC 2015

HI Vikas,

The server_type (old name was platform, we corrected it to be more proper,
'server_type') was introduced for wide support, like baremetal cases, etc.

For other parts it is hardcode 'vm' now, as 'vm' was and still are
supported.(it is widely used for VM cases in dev/test)

For baremetal, I did some work before, but consider time and priority, not
did it now. Details can be checked before like

review.openstack.org/#/c/198984

If you have further questions, you can check with me in IRC channel.

Thanks

Best Wishes,
Kai Qiang Wu (吴开强  Kennan)
IBM China System and Technology Lab, Beijing

E-mail: wkqwu at cn.ibm.com
Tel: 86-10-82451647
Address: Building 28(Ring Building), ZhongGuanCun Software Park,
         No.8 Dong Bei Wang West Road, Haidian District Beijing P.R.China
100193
Follow your heart. You are miracle!