[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] Why the needed version of kombu to support heartbeat is >=3.0.7

me,apporc appleorchard2000 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 04:07:39 UTC 2015

Thanks again.

This kombu >=3.0.7 requirement is added in commit
5b9fb6980220dbfa18bac4c3231d57efb493ebf0, which is from a Bot with no
reason.

 As i see, we are directly requiring amqp >=1.4.0 in requirement.txt from
commit 0c954cffa2f3710acafa79f01b958a8955823640 on.
So maybe there is no need to require kombu >= 3.0.7 ?

Another reason I am asking about this, in the latest centos 7 epel repo,
the versions of these two packages are :
python-kombu : 2.5.16-1.el7
python-amqp : 1.4.5-1.el7

I have not test whether there are problems about heartbeat with this
version pair though.

--
Regards,
apporc