[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging] Why the needed version of kombu to support heartbeat is >=3.0.7

Mehdi Abaakouk sileht at sileht.net
Tue Oct 27 15:02:19 UTC 2015

> [1] seems just socket timeout issue, and admins can adjust those kernel
> params themselves.

Yes, but if you trick kernel settings, like putting very low tcp
keepalive values, you don't need to have/enable heartbeat.

> [2] and [3] truly a problem about the heartbeat implementation, but it
> says
> the fix is a part of py-amqp 1.4.0, and the dependency with kombu was
> not
> specified.
> [4] is a bug of kombu's autoretry method which is said to be fixed in
> kombu
> 3.0.0, it is not directly related to heartbeat.

As far as I can remember, this is because oslo.messaging doesn't really
require py-amqp but only kombu, so to ensure kombu depends of py-amqp
1.4.0 we have to depends on kombu 3.0.7 (that have amqp>=1.4.0 in its
requirements I guess).

---
Mehdi Abaakouk
mail: sileht at sileht.net