[openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Oct 21 14:18:31 UTC 2015

On 10/21/2015 08:37 AM, Markus Zoeller wrote:
> "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com> wrote on 10/21/2015 11:29:50
> AM:
>
>> From: "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange at redhat.com>
>> <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>
>> Date: 10/21/2015 11:42 AM
>> Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [infra] Upgrade to Gerrit 2.11
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 05:08:29PM -0700, Zaro wrote:
>>> Hello All,
>>>
>>> The openstack-infra team would like to upgrade from our Gerrit 2.8 to
>>> Gerrit 2.11.  We are proposing to do the upgrade shortly after the
>>> Mitaka summit.  The main motivation behind the upgrade is to allow us
>>> to take advantage of some of the new REST api, ssh commands, and
>>> stream events features.  Also we wanted to stay closer to upstream so
>>> it will be easier to pick up more recent features and fixes.
>>
>> Looking at the release notes I see my most wanted new feature, keyword
>> tagging of changes, is available
>>
>> [quote]
>> Hashtags.
>>
>> Hashtags can be added to changes. The hashtags are stored in git notes
> and
>> are indexed in the secondary index.
>>
>> This feature requires the notedb to be enabled.
>> [/quote]
>>
>> It is listed as an experimental feature, but I'd really love to see this
>> enabled if at all practical.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Daniel
>
> +1
>
> A mockup from the Gerrit folks: http://i.imgur.com/T1azkvk.png
>
> Regards, Markus Zoeller (markus_z)

My reading of the gerrit group thread for design of Gerrit v3 is that
notedb is slated for v3.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/Zz8sEbsO36s

Currently we are running 2.8 and working on upgrading to 2.11.

If folks are willing to help build Gerrit v3, that is wonderful. If you
would like to talk to Khai on how to get started contributing to Gerrit,
I'm going out on a limb here and will guess he will be supportive of
your efforts.

Thanks,
Anita.