[openstack-dev] [Fuel][Plugins] Plugin deployment questions

Dmitriy Shulyak dshulyak at mirantis.com
Wed Oct 21 11:42:59 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 1:21 PM, Igor Kalnitsky <ikalnitsky at mirantis.com>
wrote:

> We can make bidirectional dependencies, just like our deployment tasks do.

I'm not sure that we are on the same page regarding problem definition.
Imagine the case when we have environment with next set of roles:

1. standalone-rabbitmq
2. standalone-mysql
3. standalone-other-api things
4. compute - requires: controller > 1
5. cinder - requires: controller > 1
6. designate (whatever custom role) - requires: controller > 1

As you see - there is no controller anymore.
And 1, 2, 3 developed by one guy, who knows that he need to overwrite
requirements for 4,5, but he knows nothing about 6.
At the same time developer of 6 role, obviously, knows nothing about
standalone-* things.
What options do we have here?