[openstack-dev] [stable] Need group membership change for manila-stable-maint

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Tue Oct 20 17:37:53 UTC 2015

On 10/20/2015 11:19 AM, Matthew Treinish wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:16:38AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>>
>> Ah, right, I always forget those are a special case, thanks.
>>
>> So, what *is* the process, for adding someone to the stable maintenance
>> team? :-)
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch#Project-specific_teams
>
> I feel like this topic comes up fairly regularly. Personally I'm not a fan of
> the current policy and feel like we should not force project stable group
> changes to go through stable-maint-core. But, that'll likely be a topic at
> summit next week.
>
> -Matt Treinish

After reading the wiki it sounds like we cannot simply add the core team
as an included group. I would need to request each core team member be
added individually. Should I make requests for the individuals? Or
should I wait until after Tokyo when some newer better process may
emerge for managing the group membership?

My stance is that I want all of the manila core team to be stable
maintainers too. Having 2 groups is unnecessary bureaucracy. However I'm
willing to follow the established process if it's working well for
everyone else.

-Ben Swartzlander