[openstack-dev] [stable] Need group membership change for manila-stable-maint

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Tue Oct 20 15:19:59 UTC 2015

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 11:16:38AM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Excerpts from Jeremy Stanley's message of 2015-10-20 13:41:05 +0000:
> > On 2015-10-20 09:31:52 -0400 (-0400), Doug Hellmann wrote:
> > > Excerpts from Ben Swartzlander's message of 2015-10-19 21:02:46 -0400:
> > [...]
> > > Most gerrit groups are self-service by the members. Since you're a
> > > member of manila-stable-maint, you should be able to visit the group
> > > page in gerrit by clicking "People" in the top nav bar, selecting "List
> > > Groups" then typing "manila-sstable-maint" in the filter box. Click the
> > > "manilia-stable-maint" entry in the resulting list to get to [1].
> > [...]
> >
> > Infra recommended he request this here on the ML, since as with most
> > of the per-project .*-stable-maint groups, manila-stable-maint is
> > not self-owned but is rather under the care of the stable-maint-core
> > group. https://review.openstack.org/#/admin/groups/1099,info
>
> Ah, right, I always forget those are a special case, thanks.
>
> So, what *is* the process, for adding someone to the stable maintenance
> team? :-)

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/StableBranch#Project-specific_teams

I feel like this topic comes up fairly regularly. Personally I'm not a fan of
the current policy and feel like we should not force project stable group
changes to go through stable-maint-core. But, that'll likely be a topic at
summit next week.

-Matt Treinish